How do I check for failed notifications (in the Notifications Event Queue) & what do I if notification/s have failed?
The Notifications Events Queueis the repository for all Notification Events that have been issued & allows you to enquire upon any events to check when they occurred and whether or not the notification E-mail, SMS or User Notification messages were sent or there were errors. This is where you find bugs or issues with failed Event Notifications.
System Administrators receive email notifications of any Event Notification failures.Currently (as at ) neither DeTrack or GetSwift provide Frameworks notifications of failed event notifications.
Further information about GetSwift failures
If there is a failure for GetSwift:
1. An email is sent to the nominated email address in the GetSwift configuration:
2018-06-20 10:07:43: GetSwift Order: The FTP password is blank 2018-06-20 10:07:43: GetSwift Order: FAILURE on GetSwift Order Export 2018-06-20 10:07:43: GetSwift: The FTP password is blank/ 2018-06-20 10:07:43: Completed GetSwift Exports 2018-06-20 10:07:50: Error creating GetSwift export files for Action:Track-GetSwift/Seq:1 2018-06-20 10:07:50: Processed
The FTP script is executed & fails.
In this example, you can see the failure is due to a missing FTP password.
On failure, carefully read this output to identify why the failure occurred.
As at , for DeTrack, there is currently no indication in the log of failure, except that the notification is marked as an error, which is written in plain english detailing the error in the JSON data output. This will be changed in the future.
To search for failed Event Notifications & to reprocess them, perform the following:
1. Click then type Notifications Event Queue.
2. Search for failed Notification Events by Event ID or All in the Event field.
3. Tick Processed & Errors to search for only events where an error has been identified and the notification was not sent.
4. Enter the date range in the When From & When To fields, then click.
5. Click the Event ID link to read the log file & identify why the Notification was not sent.
The information on the right side of the screen provides the following:
Displays the unique System ID of the event.
Displays the Date & Time the Event Notification was issued.