This utility needs to be run without other users on the system. The DB lock table size may also need to be increased temporarily.
The Re-numbering of General Ledger Accounts utility allows the re-numbering of General Ledger accounts from A to B while replacing all locations that account A is defined against and also re-codes all General Ledger transactions that are within each account.
To re-number General Ledger accounts & re-code all General Ledger transactions that are within each account, perform the following:
1. From the ProStixMain Menu select 'System Administration' then 'Utilities' then 'Run a Program'.
2. Type glchange.p into the 'Which Program?' field, then select <enter>, then press the space-bar after the following message is displayed:
3. Enter the Company No, Current GL Account and New GL Account into the respective Company, Current Account Code and New Account Code fields, then press <F1>.
4. Confirm that the GL Accounts have been updated.
5. Run insutextsrch.p in Prostix via 'System Administration' then 'Utilities' then 'Run a Program' (optionsA-5-6) to refresh the Search function.