The Product Wastage utility imports product level wastage percentage values. These are used to add a wastage percentage to the product standard cost. The utility is in V:\prodev\fixits\v4\porters\cusu32279.p
The Input File must use format: Column A = Product ID, Product B = Wastage %
Example data below (speech marks not required on product ID):
In the screenshot examples below, once the utility has been ran, the two products below update their Std Cost & G.P%.
Importing product level wastage percentage values
To import product level wastage percentage values. perform the following:
1. Turn on system flag InvCstWst, otherwise the error message below appears:
2. Add the products to the .csv import file that require a wastage percentage added to the product standard cost. Column A = Product ID, Column B = Wastage % required.
3. Save the filename.csv into the prostix/dmp directory.
4. Run the import utility via options A,5,6 in Prostix (cusu32279.p). Refer to Run a Program for further information.
5. Type the appropriate Input file path and name:
6. Review the audit report to confirm the new wastage value % has been added or updated and that there have been no import errors:
Screenshot of a Utility notification indicating some errors:
Screenshot of an Audit Log/Error report:
7. Ensure the Sell price does not change, the GP simply recalculates.
Screenshot of product “00840545” before Costing Values and after Costing Values:
Std Cost $200 + 20% wastage = $240 New Std Cost.
Landed Cost set from the previous Std Cost
Unit Sell stayed at current value $363.64
Screenshot of product “29682968” before Costing Values and after Costing Values:
Use Landed Cost $10 + New 10% wastage = $11 New Std Cost.