The Debtor XML Extract option enables you to export Debtor transactions to a single xml export on a daily basis. You are able to set the the extract to active and setup a scheduled task which runs overnight executing the export. You are also able to schedule & re-run an extract manually if required. The xml file saves to the prostix/dmp/debtorsxml directory. A scheduled send (not part of this development) transmits the nightly file via ftp once generated.
The xml extract contains the following:
- File Summary
- New Transactions
- All outstanding balance transactions, including those with negative balances (including credit notes, opening balance transactions & payments)
- Debtor Contacts
- Debtor Addresses
- All Customer Types with the exception of bad debtors (z)
The export records the date of the last export, includes all new transactions from the last export date export & includes all outstanding transactions (those not marked as paid). The transaction numbers in the export are a combination of the Invoice number and the suffix to ensure there are unique transaction numbers.
Refer to the following processes for further information:
Installing the Debtor extract menu into your Prostix instance
To install the menu for the Debtor extract into your Prostix system, perform the following:
1. From the ProStix Main Menu select System Administration then Utilities then Run a Program.
2. Type insu33549.p in the Which Program? field, then press <enter>.
3. Once the program has run, the Debtor extract is available via System Administration then Third Party Applications then Debtor XML Extract.
4. The following options are available within the Debtor XML Extract.
The Export Directory option displays the default path where the xml file will be exported to once the export has run.
To view the Export Directory, from the ProStix Main Menu select System Administration then Third Party Applications then Export Directory.
Manage Data Extracts
The Manage Data Extracts option allows you to manage whether the extract is active or not & also displays the date and time of the last extract including a count of the previous debtor records extracted. To ensure a Debtor extract is run, the Active field must be set to yes and the scheduled task must be set to current
To manage the debtor extract, perform the following:
1. From the ProStix Main Menu select System Administration then Third Party Applications then Manage Data Extracts.
2. Press <F7 Change>.
3. If applicable, type yes in the Active field.
4. Select either yes or no in the Updates Only field.
i. When Update Only = yes, the export will export all new transactions from the last export date up to the date/time the export is run. That is, if the extract is run at 9am, it would export all new transactions from the last export date up to 9am on the next day.
ii. When Update Only = no, the export will run a full data extract disregarding the date of the last export.
The Date Last Extracted and Time Last Extracted displays the date and time of the last successful extract. The No. Records field is a count of the debtors.
5. Press <F1 Go> to save your changes.
Schedule Data Extracts
The Schedule Data Extracts allows the scheduled extract to be executed daily and to be enabled or disabled.
To schedule the debtor transaction export, perform the following:
- From the ProStix Main Menu select System Administration then Third Party Applications then Schedule Data Extracts.
2. If the extract has bever been scheduled before, press <F12 Schedule>, then set the Recurrence Frequency parameters, then press <F1 Go> to save your change. Refer to Scheduling Tasks for further information.
3. Press <F8 Status> to change the debtors transaction extract to Current or Disabled. A status of Current ensures the extract is run daily according to the Recurrence Frequency parameters. A status of Disabled, stops the extract from running.
View Data Extracts
The View Data Extracts option allows you to view the status of the previous extract including the file summary values and number of records extracted.
When completed, the xml file will be exported into the /prostix/dmp/debtorsxml directory.
Re-running a Debtors Transaction export
To re-run an export (for example, if an export fails), perform the following:
1. From the ProStix Main Menu select System Administration then Third Party Applications then Debtor XML Extract then Manage Data Extracts.
2. With DebtorsDailyFile highlighted, press <F7 Change>.
3. Enter a date you want the extract to re-ran from in the Date Last Extracted field & a time for the extract to re-ran from in the Time Last Extracted field.
4. Press <F1 Go> to save your changes.
5. If set to 'Update Only' = Yes, the scheduled extract (when set to next run) will then run again from the date and time entered in step 3. If the extract is set to 'Update Only' = No, then all the outstanding data will be extracted from the Debtors ledger regardless of transaction / movement date.
Copyright © 2018. Sterland Computing Pty Ltd.