For this functionality to be available, the new flag must be turned on, no Purchase Orders should be linked to the transaction and picking must not be in progress (it is available before and after picking).
A user is able to split transactions in Sales Order Maintenance. A common reason to split transactions is when creating a large quote (for example, a whole house quote) and then partially accepting certain products within the quote at different times to then convert it to a Sales Order and to invoice the customer.
Users have the choice to select entire product lines or split product quantities to allocate them to a new transaction number created as part of splitting the transaction/s.
For this functionality to be available, the FWSplitTrn flag must be turned on, no Purchase Orders should be linked to the transaction and picking must not be in progress (it is available before and after picking).
To split products in a Sales Quote or Order, from the home Dashboard perform the following:
1. Click then type Sales Orders (or selectSales Ordersfrom within the Sales - Transaction Processing navigation tree).
2. All Sales Orders are displayed for the assigned branch, alternately you can search for Sales Orders via the Customer number, Branch or Order # and other advanced options. Refer to Searching for open Sales Orders or Quotes for further information.
5. Select entire product lines in the Quote or Order by ONLY ticking the Select check box OR
6. Select the product line/s you would like to split by ticking the Select check box (This allows you to edit the Qty Remain and Qty Moved fields), then type the number of products (quantity) you would like to place on the new transaction in the Qty Moved field. Frameworks automatically adjusts the remaining product quantities on the Sales Quote or Order in the Qty Remain field.
For multiple product lines, you are able to click on the Qty Remain or Qty Moved fields and enter information without the need to tick the Select check box first.
7. The prices are automatically adjusted and displayed on the screen:
Price Ex Remaining
Displays the remaining costs associated to the original Sales Quote or Order.
Price Ex Moved
Displays the costs to be moved to the new transaction created upon clicking Save.
8. As needed, repeat steps 5-7 for all products on the Quote or Order.
9. Click to create and display the new transaction associated to the Sales Quote or Order.
A transaction number is a combination of the Sales Quote or Order number with a suffix of 1 or 2 etc dependent on the number of transactions created.