Refer to cheat sheet: How to import a Basic .CSV File for experienced users who do not require screenshots.
The Basic CSV file option allows you to import product details and/or customer delivery details from your customers into a new Sales Order. The imported products are compared to your system Product Master File.
The product details imported include the Product No., Quantity, UOM, Unit Price, Disc %, Usage, Picking Group, Comments & Tally details (if a tally product).
If the Product No. exists in your Frameworks system, however, there is a product mismatch when the import has completed, a "Resolve Product Mapping" screen is displayed containing products that were imported, however require further attention. Refer to step 7 below.
Multiple imports of the same product are consolidated. If there are multiple tallies for the same product, these are also consolidated.
If you choose to also have customer details imported, the Customer No., Customer Order No., Date Required, Deliver To, Address, Suburb/City & State, Instructions, Contact Name & Contact Phone are imported.
If the Customer No. doesn't exist in your Frameworks system, an error is displayed "Invalid Customer Id nnnnn" and the import does not proceed.
To import a basic CSV file containing product details and/or customer details, from the home Dashboard perform the following:
1. Click then type Sales Orders (or select Sales Orders from within the Sales - Transaction Processing navigation tree).
2. Click to create a new Sales Order, then change the Type field to Order.
3. Click then File Imports then Basic csv File.
The Basic CSV Import fie requires the following format to import successfully:
File Format - The file is a comma delimited CSV file
Header Details - There is no need for a header row to explain the columns within the file.
To import Product information:
To import delivery details information:
4. Select the appropriate file to upload, then click .
5. A message is then displayed "x lines successfully loaded from <file name>" OR "x lines successfully loaded from <file name>. Leaving <number> unresolved import lines that require attention." Click to close the Import Status window.
i. If you receive message: "x lines successfully loaded from <file name>", proceed with processing the Sales Order as all products were successfully imported.
ii. If you receive message: "x lines successfully loaded from <file name>. Leaving <number> unresolved import lines that require attention.", refer to step 6 below for further information.
6. Click the icon underneath the button.
Note: All unresolved product lines must be addressed before you can proceed with any of the actions available from the top right of the screen (That is, Reprice, Special Buy-Ins, Print Quote etc).
7. To resolve invalid imported product mappings, you can either:
i. Create a special code for a product OR
To create a special code for a Product, click the Create Special checkbox for the appropriate product line, then:
1. Type or search for the relevant unit of measure to enter into the UOM field.
2. Type or search for the group code to enter into the Product Group field.
3. Type or search for the Supplier ID to enter into the Supplier field.
If searching for a Supplier via the Supplier Finder , you must enter search criteria for the results to display.
4. Enter the Unit Cost.
5. Enter the Unit Price.
6. Click to create a special code for that product.
7. Repeat steps1 - 6 as required for additional product lines.
ii. Match a particular product line to a different product OR
To match a particular product line to a different Product, perform the following:
1. Click the icon as needed to display the Resolve Product Mapping screen.
2. Click the relevant Product No.
3. Replace it with a different product. Click to search for an alternate product.
4. Click to bring that product into the Order.
5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 as required for additional product lines.
iii. Remove a particular product line because it is no longer needed for the Order. Click to delete the relevant product, then .
8. Resolve all product mappings then click when finished. The remaining products will now be imported into the Order and sorted according to their Usage. The information that is within the usage field is populated from the import file however these can be edited or maintained within the Sales Order grid.
Note: You are able to save and edit the quote or order as often as you like until you are satisfied with all the lines. When satisfied, click .
Copyright © 2018. Sterland Computing Pty Ltd.