When making an internal branch transfer, a corresponding transfer Sales Order is created on the supplying branch. It is then the responsibility of the supplying branch to pick, release and deliver the requested products to the receiving branch.
The supplying branch can add, update and delete product quantities on the transfer Sales Order. If different quantities and products are added/adjusted on the transfer Sales Order when the supplying branch is releasing the order, the receipting screen is updated with those adjusted quantities and products.
Refer to the following 2 available options:
Receiving Branch: Creating a Branch Transfer Sales Order
To create an internal branch transfer of products from one branch to another via a Sales Order, from the home Dashboard perform the following:
1. Click then type SalesOrders (or Select SalesOrders from within the Sales - Transaction Processing navigation tree).
2. Create a standard Sales Order, adding the Customer ID, Customer Order No, Despatch Method, Date Required and relevant products to the Sales Order. Refer to steps 1 - 8 in Linked Purchase Orders for further information.
3. Click then Linked PO to link the Sales Order to a Purchase Order. The Sales Order fulfillment screen is displayed.
4. Select Transfer via the Source field drop down arrow .
Branch transfer Sales Orders do not incur a credit check when releasing the order.
CDF / Warehouse products (defined by the CDF Sourced field in Stock Data when defining additional information for your product setup. Refer to Product Maintenance Options) set the Source field to Transfer and leave the supplier column blank (expecting the entry of a branch transfer supplier).
Non-CDF products with a preferred Supplier set the Source field to Purchase and the Supplier field to the preferred Supplier for the Product.
5. Select the Supplierbranch who will supply the goods in the Supplier field.
6. Click the Purchase Order# link to open the branch transfer Purchase Order.
7. The products ordered are displayed on the branch transfer Purchase Order and a Transfer Sales Order is created from the order branch to the receiving branch.
8. The supplying branch receiving the transfer Sales Order and will release products they have in stock, adjust product quantities (including adding products) and or/ remove products they don't have in stock.
9. If the transfer branch removes any products that aren't in stock from the transfer Sales Order, the following occurs:
i. The Purchase Order is automatically updated.
ii. A notification is sent to the Assignee of the Linked Purchase Order which they have to acknowledge. The Assignee is also able to click the Action link to open the Purchase Order in question.
iii. The link to the transfer Purchase Order from the original transfer Sales Order is removed and the product line can then be selected once again.
Supplying Branch: Adjusting quantities, adding & removing products before releasing the transfer Sales Order
When you receive requests for products from another branch, you are able to adjust product quantities and add or remove products from the transfer Sales Order. For example, you've been asked to provide 10 units of a particular product, however you only have 5 available, you would update the quantity accordingly.
To add products and/or update product quantities from the linked transfer Sales Order, perform the following:
1. Click then type Sales Orders (or Select Sales Orders from within the Sales - Transaction Processing navigation tree). Sales Orders already created are displayed.
2. Search for, then find the appropriate Sales Order.
3. If applicable, click the next to the appropriate product and adjust the quantity as required. If a tally product, click the button to adjust the tally quantities.
4. If applicable, click the next to the appropriate product that you don't have stock of. This deletes the product from the transfer Sales Order.
5. If applicable, add any new products.
6. Perform the standard Pick and Release process. For example, Pick All, Completing Picking then Release Order.